Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Queen Mary to UK visit

Fast forward to Roberts trip home on the Queen Mary 

Robert, Emily and Emily's sister Ethel Benn (Winnie?) plus perhaps Will Reed (Emily's brother) came to the UK and visited both Natalie and also came to Brentford to see my Mother, Elizabeth (Alisa Natalie Julian - also known as Betty) and my Dad John, in their house in The Butts. I know I was small and so was my brother William.  The big surprise was the huge car they came in with a running board.  He said he had a chauffeur but we think it may have been Will pretending.  Robert wore a white suit and the 'chauffeur' had britches and an hexagonal peeked cap. My Auntie said it was a Rolls Royce but all living relatives doubt this (including my Dad!).  However, we were taken on a ride on the running board which was great and he also gave us money to go down the shop and buy sweets - which we brought back so proudly.  I remember a thrilling day of relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - always good to read!